Here is a a quick recipe for making smoked Catfish (or other fish) pepper soup
- Smoked fish sold by Opparel
- Pepper soup seasoning sold by Opparel
- Fresh hot peppers Scotch bonnet or Ata Rodo
- Maggi or Knorr seasoning cubes
- Bay , mint or Cilantro leaves
- Transfer Smoked catfish into pot containing some water ( make sure its not too much water, just enough to cover half of the fish in the pot),
- Add in chopped onions, seasoning and blended fresh peppers( Ata Rodo and / or habanero)
- Leave to boil at low temperature for 3-5 minutes .
- Add in pepper soup spice, depending on the quantity of pepper soup you want to prepare.
- Add in chopped scent leaves ( Bay leaves , Cilantro , mint to suit your taste) and more water; enough to steam the pepper soup for about 10 minutes.
- Server and Enjoy